Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

Updates to the SANE Forums including more emojis

Hi there SANE community, 

I am excited to share some news today about some exciting updates to the way you post at SANE. This week, we will be introducing a few new changes that we hope you will enjoy!

This post is to let you know about the updates and what to expect when we go live this week 🙂

Extra emojis

We will be bringing hundreds of emojis into the forums 🎉 You will be able to access a suite of emojis, similar to that of your mobile phones. This is something our community members have been requesting, and we are excited to offer you more emoji options!

To access the new emoji options, select the "insert emoticon" options from the post menu:

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 10.00.02 am.png

Drag and drop photos to upload them

Posting a photo will be easier with the new drag and drop feature. Drag your photo into the text box to post a photo (easier than the previous image upload tool!). 

Headings and subheadings

You will now be able to use headings and subheadings in your posts. Click on the menu option "paragraph":Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 10.46.53 am.png

How do I find these changes?

All the updates are to the text box that you use to make a post:

1. Sign into the SANE Forums using your account

2. Go to a discussion you would like to reply to and click "reply" or start a new discussion

3. To make a post, the site will take you to a new page with a text box. This is where you find all the features to edit your text

4. Move your computer mouse over the options bar at the top of the text box to find "insert emoticons" for emojis, "paragraph" for sub headings, or drag and drop images to upload 

5. When you are happy with the formatting of your post, click "post" 🙂

We will let you know as soon as these changes are live later this week 🙂 If you have any questions or comments, you are more than welcome to post them below.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Updates to the SANE Forums including more emojis

This sounds great! Thank you, @Daisydreamer  and the SANE team 🙂

Hey there SANE Community, 

You may have noticed the Forums were offline for about 10 minutes this afternoon. Our tech team is on it, and we will need to do a bit more investigation before we update emojis. 

Please don't hestiate to reach out to team@saneforums.org if you notice any tech bugs you would like to report to us

Hi there Forums Community 🙂 

We are excited to announce that the new suite of emojis are now available!!

Thank you for your patience while we worked through the tech bugs, to get this new feature to you 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance