Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

LittleSteps
Senior Contributor

Peer Group Chat // Being Yourself // Thursday 18th of August 2022 7:00-8:30pm AEST

Hello to everyone on the forums! 

Our upcoming Peer Group Chat will be held on Thursday the 18th of August 2022 at 7:00 – 8:30PM (AEST)! We will be exploring the topic of Being Yourself.

A bit about the group:

Do you have spaces where you can be yourself? Whether it’s a space where you feel comfortable, seen or understood, being able to be yourself can be such a safe and liberating feeling. Let’s come together and talk about what it means to be ourselves and where we can find or create these spaces.  

We are always on the lookout for new ideas, so if you would like to submit a topic or question, click here. We also release the transcripts for each group here in case anyone can’t make it. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join a  Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts. Please see this FAQ if you have any questions! 

Time Zones: 

This Peer Group will be held at 7:00pm Eastern Standard Savings time. Here is some information to make it easier to understand when to log on if you are in a different part of Australia: 

NSW, Vic, ACT & Tasmania- 7pm

Queensland- 7pm

Northern Territory- 6:30pm

South Australia- 6:30pm

Western Australia- 5pm

We look forward to chatting with you there! I am going to tag some members of the community who might be interested. But if I've missed anyone, feel free to tag others and let them know! Also, support this post if you’d like to be included in future updates!

@Bow @wellwellwellnez @Flying_Hams @chibam @Snowie @pinklollipop15 @Appleblossom @tonys @petrichor @Oaktree 

- LittleSteps

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Peer Group Chat // Being Yourself // Thursday 18th of August 2022 7:00-8:30pm AEST

Hi everyone!

This is a reminder that tonight at 7pm AEST we have our next Peer Group Chat on the topic of Being Yourself 😊

girasole_0-1660793784999.gif

In the group, we'll talk about

• What emotions we feel when we’re comfortable to be ourself  
  • Existing spaces and relationships where we’re comfortable to be ourself, and ones we can seek out
  • Our needs in these spaces 

@chibam @Snowie @Flying_Hams @Adge @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Teej @Jacques @wellwellwellnez @NatureLover @maddison 

If you'd like to join, you can register/log on here, and you can read the transcript from tomorrow here 😊

Re: Peer Group Chat // Being Yourself // Thursday 18th of August 2022 7:00-8:30pm AEST

I was looking forward to this one, but it looks like I won't be able to attend. 😔

Apologies. Doing a frog sciencey thingummy

We are starting soon for anyone interested! 🙂

Here is the link to the Peer Group Chat: https://www.sane.org/peer-support/peer-group-chat

I'm going to tag a few members!

@Flying_Hams @wellwellwellnez @Snowie @BlueBay @Captain24 @Bill16 @ArraDreaming @StuF @TAB @greenpea @maddison 

Hi @LittleSteps 

Sorry won't be there tonight. Have not got the brain power to concentrate.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance