Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

LittleSteps
Senior Contributor

Online Peer Group Chat// Being Kind to Yourself // Thursday 16th December 2021, 7PM-8:30PM AEDT

Hello to all of our friends on the Forums!

Our next Online Peer Group Chat will be held on Thursday 16th December, 7 - 8.30pm AEDT. The topic will be Being Kind to Yourself.

Summary of topic!

It can be really hard to practice self-kindness for a number of reasons, but it’s also super important and something that we are all deserving and worthy of. Let’s come together to share ideas on ways we might be able to practice self-kindness in our lives.  

What to expect:

• Reasons why it may sometimes be difficult to be kind to ourselves
  • The benefits of being kind to ourselves
  • Techniques on being more kind to ourselves
  • Solutions on how to reach out to others who might help us be kind to ourselves

To join or to submit a question for the group, click here. As always, if you're interested but can't make it you will be able to read the transcript of the group the next day here.  You're also welcome to create a thread here on the Forums to keep the discussion going!

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.

Please see this FAQ for any questions you may have. For any issues on the night, please message the moderator of the group on the Chat platform. If you'd like to receive a reminder closer to the event, please support this post & we'll keep you updated 😊

Just a reminder: 

This chat will be held at Eastern Daylight Savings time so be sure to adjust the hours in your head when popping it in your calendar, we'd hate for you to miss out!

The times are:

NSW, Vic, ACT & Tasmania- 7pm 

Queensland- 6pm 

Northern Territory- 5:30pm 

South Australia- 6:30pm 

Western Australia- 4pm 

We look forward to seeing you there! I’m also going to tag a few people who have been champions in the Online Peer Group Chat in the past! Feel free to tag your friends as well!

@Shaz51 @Adge @bipolarbunny @BPDSurvivor 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Being Kind to Yourself // Thursday 16th December 2021, 7PM-8:30PM AEDT

Hello to our friends on the forums!

Just a reminder that the next Online Peer Group Chat is tonight (Thursday the 16th of December) from 7:00PM to 8:30PM AEDT! We will be talking about Being Kind to Yourself.

Here’s a rundown on what to expect:

• Reasons why it may sometimes be difficult to be kind to ourselves
  • The benefits of being kind to ourselves
  • Techniques on being more kind to ourselves
  • Solutions on how to reach out to others who might help us be kind to ourselves

Here’s a quick reminder of the starting times for different states:

NSW, Vic, ACT & Tasmania- 7pm 

Queensland- 6pm 

Northern Territory- 5:30pm 

South Australia- 6:30pm 

Western Australia- 4pm 

For more information on how to access the Online Peer Group Chat, see the above post!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

@Shaz51 @Adge @bipolarbunny @BPDSurvivor 

- LittleSteps

Re: Online Peer Group Chat// Being Kind to Yourself // Thursday 16th December 2021, 7PM-8:30PM AEDT

Thanks for the Peer Group Chat Reminder @Former-Member 

I got home from Work (10 hour Shift) at 5.30pm my time (8.30pm AEDT).

So I missed it - You had already finished (gone).

Smiley SadAdge

I'm sorry to hear you missed it, @Adge! Also so sorry for the late response, I'm rarely on the forums these days so entirely missed your reply.

If you haven't heard already, though, the online peer group chats are now weekly! You can check out the website for the next few groups lined up 🙂 Hopefully you'll be able to make some more, but most of all I hope you're doing ok with what sounds like an extremely exhausting workload 💙

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance