Skip to main content Skip to main content

I’m looking for…

Home » Forums
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a support person interested in with a watering can and water drops graphic to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I'm a health professional interested in with a trellis and plant illustration to the right of it
Circle drop down menus with words I want to register for an event and two plant pots to the right of it
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Apogee
New Contributor

My girlfriend is gone.

Hi, 

I'm so glad I have found these forums. 

My girlfriend has been battling mental illness. When I say battling I mean she seems to be active in combatting it. 

Two weeks ago, at my place, detoxing and upset, she was unwell..I also was without patience. We fought, I left. She was taken by ambo/police. I haven't seen or heard from her since, my phone was taken/lost and I got a new number.

Since that night, I have rang everywhere I can, tracing police involvement, to royal Melbourne... Her family arent telling me where she is. This happened when she went to rehab as well..it's awful. They are all thankful and kind when I'm helping them by looking out for her and being as ope. With her condition as I can....much to the frustration of her. 

I believe she may be in haven. I really don't know. I'm so upset and bewildered by people shutting me out. I just want her to know I love her and that I have changed number. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: My girlfriend is gone.

Hi @Apogee and welcome to the forums. 

This must have been awful for you and I'm hearing that you're really worried about your partner. It must be difficult being shut out by family when you want to know she is safe. Hopefully this means she is being taken care of and recovering. It will probably be a long and difficult journey and I wish there was more I could offer you, but we are here to listen. 

You are welcome to call the SANE support services if you need to chat 😊 sorry I can't be of more help to you. 

Moved:

Re: My girlfriend is gone.

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance