Forums news and feedback
11-03-2020 03:49 PM
March Community Wrap!
Hi everyone! The March wrap is here! For those who asked to be tagged, @Queenie @outlander @oceangirl @eth @Darcy @Maggie @BlueBay @Smc @Gazza75 @Sans911 @Snowie @TheVorticon @Teej @Adge @The-red-centaur @Shaz51 @Razzle @Sherry @Mazarita @greenpea @Teej @CheerBear
- Old hobbies/interests, new beginnings (Lived Experience)
- Looking for insight and respite (Carers)
- Making friends as an adult (Lived Experience)
- Dealing with loneliness and social isolation (Carers)
Forum events to take part in this month:
Our February events focused on how animals are good for our wellbeing, and addressed loneliness for carers. The links will remain on the forums so please go back and read through, as people offered great insights!
This month, we will be holding a joint online event for Lived Experience and Carers. We will be hosting a session on Mindfulness, a therapeutic technique that focuses on the awareness, acknowledgment and acceptance of one’s thoughts and feelings. The event will be held 7pm – 8pm Tuesday 31 March.
A few things to spotlight at the moment:
- We’re in the final weeks of SANE’s Our Turn to Speak campaign. This is a national survey that that seeks to understand the life experiences of people living with severe and complex mental health issues in Australia. Click here to complete the survey and to thank you for taking the time, you’ll be gifted with a $25 Westfield voucher.
- SANE forums has its very own blog!!! We post about complex mental health issues, break down some misconceptions and offer tips about dealing with some of the harder aspects of life. Head here for all the info!
Quote's of the month
Lived Experience Forum:
“Feeling hopeless can be hard. Life can be hard. But there can be moments of hope and building a life worth living. I'm living proof of that. I try to find once nice thing in my day to hold on to. That might look like doing something nice for myself or better yet doing something for someone else. “
"Having read some of these forums, it is incredible to see the resilience and strength that it must take to assist someone living with a serious mental illness."
If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button and we will notify you when the next one is up! Know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email Lauz at email@example.com !